In order for a new student to be considered for enrollment at St. John Neumann Academy, the following procedures and forms must be completed:
- Submit the completed Admissions Application and additional requirements listed below
- A copy of the student’s Birth Certificate & Baptismal Certificate (if Catholic)
- A $50.00 per child non-refundable Application Fee (check made payable to SJNA)
- A copy of the student’s school transcript including report cards, most recent standardized test scores, IEP or 504 service plan, etc. (not applicable for Preschool or rising Kindergarten students)
- A copy of all educational testing results/evaluations not included with school records (private testing, counseling & mental health evaluations, etc.)
- A copy of your child’s current Immunization Records
- A copy of Custody Decree (if applicable)
- Schedule a Tour
- After receiving the application, and as part of the Admission Process, parents/guardians should schedule a tour of the Academy and meet with the Director to discuss school life and any initial questions. Students are welcome to attend the tour.
- Schedule a Student Visit
- 1st – 8th Grade students may be invited to spend a full school day at the Academy prior to being considered for admission. Grade-level assessments will take place during student visits.
- Meet with Our Lead Teacher
- For Kindergarten – 8th Grade students, a meeting with our Lead Teacher is required to discuss academic and curriculum-related questions, expectations (ours and yours), and any other tour or application follow-up questions.
Within seven business days of the completion of the full Admission Process, your family will be notified if your student is accepted to St. John Neumann Academy. New students will be accepted to the academy on the condition that:
- Classroom space is available.
- The student has both a good conduct and good attendance records at his/her previous school(s).
- The parents/guardians and student are willing to accept the responsibilities involved in a successful educational experience (i.e. adhering to the policies outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook and the Academy’s Code of Conduct, fostering strong home/school communications, participating in school life).
- Any requirements for accommodations required to assist a student’s learning will be discussed and reviewed to determine whether our Academy has the resources to provide special assistance.
Please direct any questions regarding admission procedures to firstname.lastname@example.org or (540) 552-7562.